Is it time to go shopping?
Whatever your preferred exercise is, your shoes are generally one of the most important pieces of equipment you need.
Whether it’s you to the finish line, playing a game of soccer or sweating through a cross-fit session, the right shoes will support not only your feet, but your whole body.
Take a moment to pull out your trainers and give them a quick wearability / support assessment.
Here are some things to look out for:
- Is the tread worn out? if so, it's time to replace them
- Check out the midsole - this is where most of the "technology" lies and this compresses over time. Look for cracks and check how much ‘bounce back’ it has
- Moving to the top - is it still feeling snug or has it stretched?
- You never ask a lady her age, but you can ask how old her shoes are...
- It is recommend you check your shoes after 6-8 months. If you have had them more than 12 months then you should be replacing them
Worn out shoes can leave you open to injury which can set you back in your training which is frustrating after months of hard work (and new shoes are cheaper than the medical bills to treat your injury)